Saturday, May 10, 2014

Weekend Recipes: Red Curry Pork with Peppers


I’ve always had a secret love affair with curry dishes. I don't eat it all the time, but when I do, oh my. There’s something special about a rich, milky broth with a hint of spice, blended with a bowl of fluffy white rice. I’d never made it at home before, and with our budget being a bit tighter, I needed some curry in my mouth. Immediately.

I had some boneless pork chops, some curry, and some veggies in my fridge, and determined tonight was a good night to be brave and try to make pork with red curry and bell peppers. I found this recipe online, and was happy because it was loaded with veggies.



With the broth, hearty vegetables, and savory flavors, you’ll want to eat bowl after bowl. Enjoy!


Red Curry Pork with Peppers


- 2 tablespoons oil
1 onion, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 lb pork tenderloin
1 red bell pepper, diced
6 ounces zucchini, diced
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
14 ounces coconut milk
1 teaspoon bouillon 
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tomatoes, peeled seeded and chopped
handful fresh cilantro, chopped

  • Cut your pork into large cubes, and season lightly with salt and pepper.
  • Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté both the onions and garlic for 2 minutes. They should be soft, but not browned.
  • Add your pork, letting it brown for a few minutes.
  • Add bell pepper and zucchini, allowing them to soften. 
I left the bell pepper seeds in for additional heat

  • Finally, add your coconut milk,  curry paste, bouillon powder, and soy sauce. Allow it to boil, then reduce heat. Cover the meal, and let it simmer until some of the sauce reduces and thickens.

  • Add tomatoes and cilantro, and allow the tomatoes and cilantro to gently soften. Stir gently, then serve with white rice.


1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious and easy to make. Will try. Your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete