Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Fancy food: Poulet Saute au Vinaigre


It’s a lot of fun to play ‘fancy’ every once in a while. I don’t get the chance very often, being on a budget and all. However, that doesn’t keep me from illusions of grand dinner parties, where I feed my guests on fine china and everyone gasps in delight at the feast I put before them.



Last week, I celebrated my birthday. I’m old. To make sure this was properly celebrated, I scoured the internet to find the perfect dish that would make me happy, feel decadent, and leave me smacking my fingers. I found this recipe through Reddit, and I was surprised to find that even my mister loved it. It’ll definitely make for an easy date night meal. I hope you enjoy!
 

Poulet au Vinaigre



4 lb chicken, cut into 8 pieces
Salt and pepper
½ cup butter
2 tbsp olive oil
6 very ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 cup best-quality red wine vinegar
1 cup chicken stock
1 heaped tbsp chopped parsley

   ·      Season the pieces of chicken simply, with salt and pepper.
   

   ·      Heat the butter and the olive oil until it begins to turn brown. 


   ·      Slowly add the chicken and allow it to fry until the exterior is golden brown all over.

   ·      Add the tomatoes, and keep cooking everything at the same temperature. You will notice that your tomatoes will become darker, and will lose a significant amount of their moisture.


   ·      Pour in the vinegar and allow the mixture to reduce. Allow it to reduce until nearly disappeared. Add your stock, and simmer once again until the liquid reduces by half. This will take a while!


   ·      Add 1 tbsp chopped parsley, and serve immediately. Serve with a simple starch. We chose an easy white rice.


2 comments: