Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sautéed Chicken in Worcestershire

I was tired tonight. It’s the middle of the week, and one of the other teachers at my itty bitty private school called out, so we were stretched thin. So when I got home, I knocked out on the couch immediately.

I was woken up by hunger pangs, and realized it was already late. I really didn’t want to spend hours cooking, overeat, and then stay up late again. I needed something fast.

I went online to find something I could make in under an hour, and that wouldn’t taste greasy. I found this recipe online on Epicurious, and was willing to give it a shot. It cooks under 45 minutes (!), and had relatively few ingredients. Turns out, this is tasty, and we didn’t feel bogged down by a heavy dinner. I’ll definitely make this again.

I wolfed this down with two helpings of my succotash.



Sautéed Chicken in Worcestershire

This is seriously all you need. 

yields 2 servings


2 whole boneless chicken breasts with skin
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup low-salt chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried, crumbled


  • Flatten chicken lightly to about 1/2-inch thickness and season with salt and pepper.
  • In a large non-stick skillet heat oil over moderate heat and cook chicken, skin sides down, 6 minutes on each side.


  • Add garlic, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, broth, and oregano and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.


Make sure to flip the chicken in the sauce, covering it completely.

  •  Transfer chicken to a platter and let it rest. Optional: simmer sauce until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Pour sauce over chicken.


  • Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
  • Inhale as quickly as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment