Friday, February 21, 2014

Quick blueberry biscuits... in under 30 minutes!

We had a dinner party go bust today. Matt was going to have a friend over, and I was supposed to cook a beautiful meal for all of us to enjoy. But… then Matt had to work late. I had a headache. We were both tired. It was downhill from there.

I felt badly that I wasn’t going to make something, so I looked online for something sweet and simple that I could put together quickly. I had a small basket of blueberries, and had a hankering for something comforting. I found this recipe on Plain Chicken, and the biscuits were heavenly.


Quick blueberry biscuits



Approx. 14 biscquits

2 1/4 cups Bisquick
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup wild blueberries
3/4 - 1 cup buttermilk (I used fat-free)

  • Preheat oven to 450.
  • Stir together bisquick, sugar and buttermilk until soft dough forms. Fold in blueberries. 

Your dough will be wet.

Be careful to not over-mix the blueberries!

  • Scoop dough with large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop (3 tablespoons) onto ungreased cookie sheet. 




  • Bake 9-12 minutes or until golden brown.



If this isn’t enough sweet for you (it was for me), add an icing to the biscuit.
You’ll need:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 to 2 Tablespoons milk

Combine powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over biscuits.


No comments:

Post a Comment